- Gluten-free self-raising flour: 250g (8¾oz)
- Greek yoghurt: 260g (9oz)
- Xanthan Gum: ¼tsp
- Salt: a pinch
- Pizza toppings of your choice
Makes 2 thin base pizzas
To make this recipe VEGAN, just use a thick dairy-free yoghurt instead of the Greek yoghurt!
Making The Dough:
- Put your flour, yoghurt (give it a good stir before using), xanthan gum and salt into a large mixing bowl. Stir everything together using a spatula and your hands until the dough forms into a ball. It should end up being soft and a little bit sticky.
- Sprinkle some gluten-free flour on your work surface – this will stop the dough from sticking. Now start to knead the dough! To do this, stretch the dough away from you with your knuckles of one hand, and then fold it back over the top towards you. Keep stretching and folding until the dough is smooth and no longer sticky. If the dough is still too sticky, add a little more flour. If it’s too dry, add a little more yoghurt. When you've finished, cover the dough and leave it to rest for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle some more gluten-free flour on your worktop. Split the dough in half and roll each piece out into a thin circle to fit your pizza tray. Lay the rolled out doughs on the trays.
- Turn on the oven to 220˚C (425˚F/Gas Mark 7). At this point, you can start to add some toppings to your pizza. You can add whatever toppings you like, it’s totally up to you!
- Bake the pizzas in the oven for 10 minutes until you have a brown and crispy crust. Use oven gloves to take the pizzas out of the oven, being careful as everything will be hot. Cut the pizzas and enjoy straight away!
Find more delicious recipes from Becky Excell in 'How to Make Anything Gluten Free (Quadrille, £20) Photography © Hannah Rose Hughes