Note: this recipe contains nuts! Cooking time: 40–45 minutes
- Unsalted butter: 100g (31/2oz)
- Eggs: 2, medium
- SK Professional Self Raising Flour: 180g (61/40z)
- Light muscovado sugar: 150g (51/4oz)
- Black treacle: 20ml (4tsp)
- Baking Powder: 1tsp
- Pecans: 30g (1oz)
- Bananas: 2, ripe
- M&S Caramel and Toasted Popcorn Flavour Sauce: 45ml (3tbsp)
- Icing Sugar: 150g (51/4oz)
- Mascarpone: 250g (83/4oz)
- Salted caramel popcorn: 25g (>3/4oz)
- Baking parchment
- Loaf tin: 19cm (71/2")
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C (350˚F/Gas Mark 4). Grease and line a 19cm (71/2") loaf tin.
- Using an electric mixer with a whisk attachment (or a hand mixer), cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Once creamed, add the treacle and the eggs, one a time. Make sure to mix everything well.
- Gently fold in 2tbsp of flour to loosen the batter. Then fold in the remaining flour, baking powder, pecans and bananas.
- Pour half of the batter into the lined loaf tin. Drizzle 40ml (2 3/4tbsp) of the caramel and popcorn sauce on top, then pour the remaining batter into the tin.
- Bake in the oven for 40–45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the centre of the loaf comes out clean. Then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, to make the icing, whisk the icing sugar with the mascarpone until smooth and creamy. Be careful not to overwork the mascarpone!
- When the loaf has cooled, spread the icing on top. Finish with an extra drizzle of the remaining caramel sauce and add the salted caramel popcorn.
Recipe provided by M&S, Headline Partner of Macmillan Cancer Support’s Coffee Morning. For information on how to get involved and to sign up search Macmillan Coffee Morning or click here: Macmillan Cancer Support's Coffee Morning