Chocolate Brownie BowlsSquires Kitchen Shop
- 95g (3¼oz) soft dark brown sugar
- 95g (3¼oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 medium eggs
- 95g (3¼oz) plain flour
- ¼tsp baking powder
- 235g (8½oz) dark chocolate
- 100g (3½oz) chocolate baking drops
- 80mm Half-sphere Silicone Mould
- 250ml (8¼fl oz) cream
- 500ml (18fl oz) milk
- 1 vanilla pod
- 225g (8oz) caster sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (340°F/gas mark 3).
- Cream together the brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Beat the eggs and add them to the mixture gradually until fully combined. Fold in the flour and baking powder.
- Gently melt the dark chocolate in the microwave, stirring at regular intervals so it doesn't get too hot. Add the melted chocolate to the flour mixture, along with the chocolate baking drops. Mix until fully combined.
- Half-fill each mould and bake the brownies for 30 minutes.
- When cool, use a spoon to scoop out the middle of each brownie.
- Pour the cream and milk into a saucepan and add the seeds from the vanilla pod. Bring the mixture to the boil then remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks and sugar together in a bowl. Stir the cream mixture into the yolks.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and stir it over a low heat until it thickens.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool to room temperature, then place in the fridge.
- Remove from the fridge when cold. Strain the mixture then place it in an ice cream maker. Alternatively, place in the freezer and mix every 30 minutes until set; this should take 2–3 hours
You’ll find some great step-by-step tutorials and much more from top cake designers in the December/January 2016–17 issue of Cakes & Sugarcraft magazine, out now. It’s packed with the latest trends and original, easy-to-follow tutorials that you won’t find anywhere else.
Cakes & Sugarcraft is published six times a year in January, March, May, July, September and November – subscribe today to save 20% on cover price and receive the latest issue!
Plus! Don't miss out on more tips, beautiful cakes and great savings - sign up to our newsletter today: