- 125g (4½oz) Squires Kitchen Plain Flour
- 50g (1¾oz) Unsalted Butter, chilled and cut into cubes
- 50g (1¾oz) Tate & Lyle Caster Sugar
- A Pinch of Salt
- 1 Large Free-Range Egg
Makes approximately 250g (8 ¾oz) of pastry
- Place the flour, butter, sugar and salt into an electric mixer fitted with a K beater attachment and mix to fine crumb
- Beat the egg and pour it into the mixer - gently combining everything together to form a paste.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and rest it in the fridge for two hours.