- Salted Butter or Margarine: 225g (8oz)
- Caster Sugar: 225g (8oz)
- Eggs: 4, Medium
- Self-Raising Flour: 225g (8oz)
- Baking Powder: 1tsp
- Vanilla Esssence: 1tsp
- BoxBake Square 10″ Pre-lined Cake 'Tin'
- Preheat the oven to 160˚C (320˚F/ Gas Mark 3)
- Place the butter/margarine and sugar in a mixer bowl and whisk until light and fluffy. Usually 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs to the bowl and whisk together. It will look like it has split, but that is ok, as the flour will bind it all together.
- Add in the flour and fold into the mixture.
- Pour the cake mixture in the prepared 'Boxbake' and spread to an even layer.
- Bake in the oven at 160˚C for 30-40m minutes.
- Leave the Boxbake to cool on the tray for five minutes and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
BoxBake™ comes pre-lined with a greaseproof layer saving you the hassle factor. And because BoxBake™ doesn't retain heat like traditional bakeware, it can help you achieve a more even, level bake.
See more from BoxBake™.