Made from FDA approved plastic and easy to use, Bellissimo Flexi Smoothers are designed to help you achieve sharp, clean edges on all your sugarpasted cakes. With one rounded and one straight-edged smoother, Bellissimo Flexi Smoothers allow you to create perfectly crisp edges for a clean, polished and professional finish.
Squires Kitchen teamed up with award-winning cake designer Helen Mansey of Bellissimo Cakes to bring you these innovative Flexi Smoothers so that covering cakes to a professional standard is easier than ever.
Manufacturers Product Code
- Before using the Bellissimo Flexi Smoothers on sugarpaste it is important to create a clean, crisp edge on the cake coating underneath (e.g. marzipan or ganache).
- Use the Bellissimo Flexi Smoothers on freshly-covered cakes while the sugarpaste is still soft. For a round cake, hold the smoother with the curved edge on the top of the cake and hold the straight smoother against the side of the cake. Apply light pressure and gently run the two smoothers together around the top edge of the cake. You will notice a crisp edge starting to appear. Repeat as necessary until you are happy with the results. For a square cake, use the straight edges of each smoother to achieve a sharp edge.
- Ganache pre-coating method: Make a ganache using one part whipping cream and two parts dark chocolate. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Layer and fill the cake with the ganache then secure the cake onto a thin cake board.
- Coat the top of the cake with ganache then coat the sides, ensuring you achieve straight sides and a crisp top edge. Allow to harden overnight.
- Brush the ganache very lightly with cooled, boiled water and apply a 4mm layer of sugarpaste to the cake.
- Use regular smoothers to smooth the sugarpaste. Use the Bellissimo Flexi Smoothers straight away following the instructions above.
- Marzipan pre-coating method: Cover a cake as you would in preparation for royal icing to create a sharp top edge (i.e. top and sides separately) and leave to dry for 24 hours.
- Brush with clear spirit and apply a 4mm layer of sugarpaste to the cake.
- Use regular smoothers to smooth the icing then follow the instructions for using the Bellissimo Flexi Smoothers above.
Suitable for food contact
H16, W10.5, D0.2cm
Wish I had bought these when I first started cake decorating. Simple but so effective.
Was this review helpful? Please sign in