These cutters have been designed to make the easiest and quickest Ranunculus Ever. The main attraction of the Ranunculus is their brilliant colours and they make a real statement on any wedding or celebration cake. Layers upon layers of delicate petals create this stunning flower and these cutters make it very easy to achieve the look.
Create any size Ranunculus from a bud to a full 50mm bloom with just these 2 cutters, simply add another strip of petals for a bigger and bolder flower.
- If making a coloured Ranunculus, start with a darker or contrasting shade of icing and roll it into a ball that can sit comfortable in one of the petals of the smaller cutter. Shape the bud so that it is narrower at the bottom and still rounded at the top.
- Mark the rounded top with the cutter, pressing it in 3 times to form a criss-cross effect.
- Using the small cutter, cut 2 strips of petals in the darker shade. Place on a foam pad and thin the edges of the petals with a ball tool or the end of a rolling pin.
- Shape and cup each petal along one side of the strip by pressing the rounded end of a small rolling pin into the centre of each petal. Turn the paste over and repeat on the other side.
- Paint a little edible glue into the middle of each petal on the top row only, avoiding the edge of each petal. Fold the strip in half, pressing firmly along the fold then brush a little more edible glue onto each petal.
- Roll tightly around the bud so that the petals cup inwards. Repeat with the second small strip of petals.
- Cut 2 strips using the larger cutters in a paler shade and repeat the same process.
- Add the last strip of petals and leave to dry inside a cupcake case. Finally, press a small brush down between some of the petals to seperate and shape them into the perfect Ranunculus.
Suitable for food contact
Product dimension information
Small cutter measures 15.3cm (H), 5cm (W). Large cutter measures 15.8cm (H), 6cm (W).