The Sturdy Cake Stackers cake support system has been designed to take the stress out of travelling with a tiered cake. It can be used as wedding cake supports or with any other tiered cake. Whilst it has been specifically designed to help prevent cakes toppling over during transportation, you can also use it in a creative manner to support your design or use the stacker itself as part of the cake decoration.
Ice and decorate your cakes as normal on the pre-cut cake boards. Ensure that you dowel your cakes as normal. Measure the height of each tier and cut the central pole so it will stop halfway through the top tier of the cake. Insert the pole through the base board and slide you cakes down the central stacker using the pre-cut holes.
Sturdy Cake Stackers
- Place each tier of your cake onto its pre-cut board and ice and decorate your cake as normal
- It is important that you dowel your cakes as normal.
- Measure the height of each finished tier and cut the Sturdy Cake Stacker pole so that it finishes in the centre of the top tier.
- Insert the white cap into the pole and slide the base drum over the pole until it reaches the bottom. Attach the supplied feet to the bottom of the drum in order for it to sit flat.
- Spread a thin layer of royal icing or buttercream over the centre of the drum. Gently slide the bottom tier of your cake down the central pole until it reaches the bottom.
- Gently slide the remaining tiers of your cake down the Sturdy Cake Stacker pole, ensuring you fix each tier to the one below using royal icing or buttercream.
- Once your cake has been transported to the venue, you can remove the central pole by placing the cake on the edge of the table and gently sliding the pole out from underneath.
Suitable for food contact
Product dimension information
Base board measures 16". Cake Boards measure 12", 10", 8" and 6". Central pole measures 23.5" (60cm).